We studied job seekers who successfully found a job within 3 months. Here’s a sneak peek at how
they used LinkedIn, and how you can too:
1. Add new skills to your profile
Add relevant skills to your profile so recruiters looking for candidates with your background can find you.
2. Follow companies you’re interested in Stay up-to-date with the latest news, be well informed in conversations and interviews, and learn about new job opportunities.
3. Add a professional profile photo
Doing so puts a face to a name and helps project a friendly and approachable image.
4. Keep adding new connections
Grow your network to be more visible, get your foot in the door at new companies, and expose yourself to new job opportunities.
5. Join LinkedIn Groups for your industry
Network, ask questions, and look out for job openings posted by fellow group members.
6. Get endorsed for your skills
This helps you show – and not just tell employers – that you have what it takes to get the job done.
7. Broaden your professional horizons
Take 10 minutes each day to read the hottest news in your industry, and insights from thought leaders. LinkedIn Pulse delivers relevant articles directly to your newsfeed.