UPDATED: October 2020
Hi Brand Managers – and fellow Instagrammers, the Holiday isn’t over yet, you can still pull off a wonderful social media marketing campaign.
There are three commonly used social media campaigns that can help your brand regardless of the stage of your social media marketing presence. Whether you are still building a brand community or are more focused on your social media ROI, you can successfully leverage these common campaigns by focusing on your campaign strategy.
Contests are one of the most widely used campaigns out there. They are low maintenance and, with most social platforms, are relatively easy to implement.
- You are more focused on community building.
- Your timeline is tight.
- You are able to provide offerings for the winners.
- Use rich relevant design to grab the attention of your community and reach out to a new audience.
- Offer new or favorite products and services to raise more awareness
- Take advantage of paid advertising. Sweepstakes are counterintuitive and result in less social sharing.
- Require extensive demographic data. Consumers tend to have privacy concerns and may not participate.
- Rely solely on the sharing features of social media to promote your campaign. People purposely tend not to share Sweepstakes to increase their chance of winning.
2) Charitable Campaigns
Charitable Campaigns are more popular around the holidays and often benefit from the spirit of giving and sharing that people practice this time of the year. These campaigns are great for building customer and brand relationships. In a study reported by “NewMediaandMarketing”, 68% of the consumers cited shared values as the reason of their loyalty towards a brand.
- You are more focused on raising awareness and gaining a loyal community base.
- Provide information on your targeted goals and details for the audience you are reaching to.
- Share the results of the charitable contributions with your audience after the campaign is over. .
- Require extensive personal information from the contributors.
3) User Generated Content Competitions
User generated competitions bring the greatest social amplification as they require the user to promote their own content in order to participate and win. These campaigns can be very innovative and often go viral. Note – these campaigns work best if they are custom made and have a dedicated community manager.
- You are looking for greater social amplifications
- You have a more extended timeline.
- You have enough resources to implement and moderate the campaign.
- Work on a strong strategy and story for your campaign.
- Think about stories that involve using your product or services.
- Consider options that provide content moderation
- Build the campaign around stories that are not relevant to your product and services just for the hope of going viral. Having the stories center around your products and services can help with your brand promotion and awareness.
Social media is no longer dependent solely on community building. If you do not start with a strong strategy, it is unlikely that you will get the desired value from any of the aforementioned campaign options. Webtrends not only provides the competitive strategy and implementation solutions for your future campaigns but also provides an award winning analytics solution to measure and optimize your campaigns.