According to a recent CareerBuilder publication using social media recruiting has a lot of benefits. Highlighted below are the top 7 of such benefits:
1. Better Candidate Quality: social media recruiting brings recruiters/hiring managers to encounter candidates who frequently use social networks are not only tech-savvy, but they can keep up with the trend toward social media. These kinds of candidates are more of loyal fans that can become loyal employees.
2. Better ROI: adopting social media recruiting result in better ROI (return on investment) than that of traditional recruiting as the benefits far exceed its cost.
3. Shorter Time-To-Hire: social media recruiting allows for immediate response across multiple social media channels, so recruiters/hiring managers can fill positions faster, lowering time-to-hire.
4. A Wider, More Diverse Pool of Talent: social networking could help recruiters/hiring managers get in front of candidates whom they may never find – or who may never find them – using other traditional methods.
5. Stronger Employer Brand: using social networks increases an employers visibility among job seekers and enables them multiple platforms on which to communicate information about their company culture and the benefits of working for their organization.
6. Higher Response Rates: because there is less spam and in most cases you must be invited before you can send a message, using social networks to communicate can result in better response rates when recruiters/hiring managers send messages to prospects and candidates.
7. Competitive Advantage: using social networks gives recruiters/hiring managers a competitive advantage over other talent competitors who aren’t using social media recruiting.
That is all for today. Till next time, we are all work in progress…