Altimeter recently did a study on successful social business strategies which will be published soon. From that study we derived nine key elements that companies with successful social media strategies have:
- Top executives are informed, engaged, and aligned with your social strategy.
- You’ve identified roles & responsibilities of people directly/indirectly responsible for the execution and support of social efforts and have these roles filled within the organization.
- You’ve identified clear metrics that should be used throughout the organization that tie social activities with business outcomes.
- Social media policies surrounding risk management is understood and signef off on by legal and policies and processes have been put in place throughout the organization.
- A detailed roadmap of your social media strategy has been defined over the next 12+ months for what it will/will not do.
- All employees at all levels have been informed and trained on how to engage in social media in both their jobs as well as personal lives in ways that will not negatively impact the organization.
- Your social media strategy is directly tied to your business goals and outcomes.
- You’ve articulated how social media will impact your customer’s experience and improve your overall relationship with them.
- You recalibrate your strategy and business goals on a regular review cycle.
Social media strategies can make or break a company, so be sure to have your ducks in a row when implementing yours. And if you already have one in place, it’s never too late to recalibrate and make adjustments or tweaks. Social media is a fluid environment so make sure you’re able to adapt easily.
Do you have these nine elements? Any you’d add? Please let us know in the comments below.
Source: Social Strand